Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My brain doesn't like all this post-kitchen free time. It'll only lead to trouble... with ninjas.

Now that my kitchen is done, I can't remember what blogging was like before I spent my entire existence having nightmares about being molested by a guy eating potted meat sammiches and writing about picking out garbage disposals.  I know you'll miss those days too.  


Right now I'm kinda rudderless in the giant see of interweb fabulosity.  Honey badger don't care.  So here's a potpourri of inspirational thingies courtesy of Simply Pi to spur me in a new direction to obsess over.  Obsess in a totally healthy way of course...
here
I could spend some serious time in here obsessing about shit.  


here
I would like to eat lunch on that little overhang of awesomeness but I'm pretending not to notice the photoshopping in the grass because I think we know what I would like to do to lazy sonsabitches graphic designers...





here
 Wheeeee!


here
I should probably know what all of these are but I don't so you can follow the caption links to investigate.  I DO know that is the most awesome fire escape/wheelchair ramp/3d maze of death I've ever seen.


Spider by Alexander Calder here
Ok technically the kitchen isn't 110% done because I'm still trying to decide whether or not the 1200 cans of diced tomatoes need to go on the second shelf or the first shelf in the pantry.  I spend a lot of time obsessing about this actually.  Also, I need to quit fucking buying cans of diced tomatoes.  Seriously.  It's like looking at the Extreme Couponing stockpile hoard except I paid full price for this stuff because omigawd what if I don't have diced tomatoes at home?!  I better stock up NOW!


here
Where I wish all of my book club reading super cool hipster poetry reading would take place.  After I kick those dam pillows out of the way...



here


here
I would fight a Honey Badger for that chair.


here

here
I'll add it to my collection of pointless round things.  I'm pretty sure you can't actually make a rudder out of roundness but I would make a healthy attempt.

here
I would find a way to trip and kill myself on those stairs but I'd enjoy every bone snap on the way down.



here
Um... those are throwing star magnets and quite possibly the most awesomest thing I've ever seen.  I might have found my rudder.  And it'll cut a bitch.

9 comments:

  1. The most awesome round-up of completely unrelated things - EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I just spent almost an hour on Simply Pi. Great imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raina - I'm glad you like cuz I could post this kind of unrelated nonsense for days! WEEKS!!

    susie q - You and me both! I get lost there from time to time..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The concrete 3D maze fire-escape of death and fabulosity, the stair of broken bones and awesomeness, the scribble you'll make after you fall down said stair, or off of said fire escape, and the shuriken magnets are my favs.

    Looks like you've got all the brain food groups covered here. Make sure to eat some diced tomatoes (or potted meat) because the body needs sustenance too.

    Anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just because you know the word "shuriken" I'll give you 1.5 extra cool points.

    Don't worry - I'll be making the worlds largest pot of tomato sauce this weekend. Possibly some sort of canned tomato salsa... Tomato pie... And whatever else I can find to stick some tomatoes in...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madame, I love the randomness of it all. I would also fall down or up those stairs, my mama should have named me Grace!

    Brenda Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should take those cans of 'maters, open them, then lob them over the railing of the Harry Potter stairwell thingy. See if you can nail anyone who sports way too much pank. Then duck so they wonder if the 'maters fell from the sky. I mean, a girl has to do something once her kitchen is done, right?

    ReplyDelete