Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Sunday Set inspired by Dr. Bronner's gift of the firecrotch.

To round out this week's unintentional theme, here's an image dump of all my secret hobo hippie dreams so you too can layer on all your best jewelry and spend your Friday twirling like Stevie Nicks.  I'll let you borrow a gauze skirt if yours is in the laundry.  


Obviously that's a self portrait in the first picture...
The New Gypsies from Iain McKell
here
[MS sidebar: if I haven't told you, I have a weakness for '70s landscape photography.  If you ever see a vintage book on ebay about America's amber waves of grain or grizzly mountain shots that a poor man's National Geographic would publish, alert a Madame immediately.]
here
here

here

real source?
Iain McKell again
here
here

here

here

here

here

here

here

here

Penabranca

here

I think I've officially turned into this lady now:
here
I might actually have that scarf...  I definitely have those earrings.  I do not have that tummy.


But I am going to stop now before these images land me in some expose as an example of white people and cultural misappropriation along with Urban Outfitters and every editorial magazine shoot of the last two years.


Next week I promise no more hippies.  We'll be back to whatever it is that I normally blog about around here.  But for now I TWIRL!

2 comments:

  1. Love me some hippies. And I promise I'll let you know if I see amber waves of grain if you promise to let me know if you see piles of colorful geode slices. There are all sorts of 70's style stained glass windows in my future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh a geode stained glass window?! I just squeed my panties. It's a deal!

      Delete