Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I'll be in the Sprinter nap shed if you need me...

I don't know about y'all but I can't, for the life of me, figure out what gawddamn season we're in.  I switched to my Spring purse and my nose runs a lot but it's cold as all merry fucktown at night and everything in my yard is still brown.  I've named this Spring/Winter/Confused season Sprinter.  

My internal calendar is shot to hell especially because bathing suits are already out now but I still see Christmas stuff on the clearance rack.  WHAT KIND OF WORLD IS THIS AND DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE CANDLE HOLDERS WITH THE REINDEER HORNS?

I think that's why this little shed keeps getting stuck in my brain.


It seems like it could work for all seasons and all levels architectural fantasies because it's insanely scrumptious in every way.



Actually, I take that back.  It's missing one thing.  I'd really like it to have a little stove somewhere in the corner so you can snuggle by a fire while you look out over heaven.  That sounds ripe for structural problems and "code issues" but if it's a structure made for napping do "code issues" really even matter???


Ok technically it's not for napping - it's a garden shed and greenhouse designed by Ville Hara and Linda Bergroth of Hel Yes! in Finland.  This one pictured is specified for Linda and is her summer cabin but it's for reals a gardener's customizable wonderland.


Shed or not, I think I'd like to visit a hotel where each rental unit looks just like this.


You could keep your suitcase and junk in the closet.  It'll have communal tables and bathrooms and all... that seems to be how modern travel is these days for hipsters and artists or whatever.  Hell, not only would I share a shower I might even scrub a stranger down if it meant I could wake up like this.


***Flawless.

Please note the record player off to the side because OF COURSE there's a record player in this cabin.

Mine would only play Beyonce.


But I'd really rather have a wood stove over Beyonce if that let's you know how serious I am about my glass house napping.  

Check out more pics and info at Dezeen where I swiped these photos.
Also, the likelihood of me figuring out how to type Beyonce with the correct accent over the E is about as likely as me owning one of these fantastic sheds.

Enjoying your Sprinter, dear readers.

1 comment: